Saturday 16 June 2012

Maxi it up!

Hello everyone,

I really wanted to do this post outside, however, the weather had other ideas. So you all get a lovely view of my hallway instead (I actually hit my heading taking these pictures as the ceilings are far to low for me and my heels!). I purchased this maxi skirt just after I finished my exams when the weather was boiling hot and from then on the weather has just got worse and worse, maybe I jinxed it a bit by buying the skirt?!

This is actually the first maxi skirt I have owned, I know shocker, everyone says how amazing they are but I never thought they would suit me. That was until I saw this beauty. The moment I tried it on I knew I had to have it.

Maxi skirts are so versatile, I love pairing this one with plain vests and wearing them with converse for a casual laid back look and then like in this post you can also pair them with black wedges for a slightly more glammed up look.

So what do you all think?





Black vest - Topshop
Waistcoat - Topshop (very old)
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Wedges - New Look


Necklace - gift

Bracelets - gifts
Ring - Topshop


What do you all think of maxi skirts? If you own a maxi skirt what do you like pairing them with?

I hope you are all having a great summer so far, even though the weather as been a bit miserable.

Also there is still time to enter my GIVEAWAY where you can win a cute little pendant and 2 Barry M nail polishes, check it out here...

<a href="http://fashion-nerdette.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/celebrating-over-200-followers-giveaway.html">http://fashion-nerdette.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/celebrating-over-200-followers-giveaway.html</a>

Love

Ally J

xXx
SHARE:

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous skirt, you look awesome x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. in love with that maxi.. it's so gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love maxi skirts. They're such a nice alternative to have! I like pairing mine with wedges and a tank.
    LOVE this marbled one you own, it's gorgeous!

    Enter to win a $40 gift voucher to Ministry of Retail!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt! I like the way they look but not sure if I would look good in one. I hope to eventually buy one though. Love the jewelry you're wearing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a great skirt! I love how you're wearing a leather vest with it, they look great together on you :)
    www.iwastakenbysurprise.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that maxi skirt looks great! i love the print!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. the skirt suits you very well.
    I also never was into maxi skirts until I saw one that caught my eye and now I love it ♥
    great pics :)
    I hope it didn't hurt too much :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I'm loving that skirt, I may have to tackle a DIY dye job on my maxi! :)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your skirt,liking the print and your shoes
    nice post =),New follower!!
    check out my new blog post on my blog
    http://www.londongirlchronicles.com/2012/04/florence-walsh.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print of the skirt and the shoes :) The cross necklace is really lovely too :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. thankx for ur lovely comment on the blog!! Well i totally love the print on ur maxi skirt!! gorgeous
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that skirt is gorgeous as is the print it's in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great styling <3 funky!

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! It's like grungey but in the best possible way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That skirt looks gorgeous on you, I love it's print!
    Looks great with the wedges too :)

    Thank you for the comment on my blog! :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Maxi skirts, in fact maxi anything!
    I wear with just a simple top - you don't want anything too fussy!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great skirt, I love it!
    I have a single maxi skirt, which is white with a petite floral print, and I really love it. <3 I always pair it with something light pink, but I still have to figure out what would the perfect combo be. :D
    I'm following you now .:D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Kisses from Serbia! :*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh don't worry about taking your pics indoors! The weather is just generally being crap and ruining everybody's lives! And wowsers this maxi skirt is lovely! And your first one being tie dye as well what could be any better?! I recently only bought my first ever maxi skirt a few weeks ago as well (seriously don't know how I coped beforehand) and I feel you never go wrong teaming with with a denim shirt or band tee. And also I am a little bit in love with your shoes. Lovely blog!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Seriously love a good maxi! Love the print!

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your brackets! They are beautiful!! Great blog, i cant wait to see future posts!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  21. HELLO DEAR,
    it would be great to feature you!
    If you are interested send me through email a min of 3 pics and a max of 6 pics of your looks And i will need a small bio.

    brooklyngraceblog@gmail.com

    if you have any Questions feel free!
    best

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the shoes!!
    Follow me
    http://lowandchicfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Thanks for comment in my blog! Of course we can follow each other! I'm your follower now, wait the same from you)))

    http://my-vegan-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE this maxi skirt, I have pyjama-style trousers in a v similar print xxx

    www.fashpashblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really enjoy reading them all and I try my best to look at everyones blogs and comment back :)

© Fashion Nerdette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig